Sunday, September 15, 2013

Week 1 Reflection

This week the question was what is action research? At first, I didn't really know how to answer the question. It seemed so broad, until I could relate it to education. The definition was a lot easier to understand, when I pictured myself doing action research in my classroom and during the school year.
Action research to me, is the same outline of a student support team committee. I also, had better understanding watching videos, reading other posts, communicating with my peers and hearing their opinion on action research. I think it is important to conduct action research as an educator.

This week I was introduced to LiveText, Twubs and TweetDeck by Twitter. When I started the Tweet meeting on Thursday, I felt overwhelmed. It was difficult to read everyone's conversation, but once I was told to only follow a few people and start conversations with them, it became easier. I look forward to the many tweet meetings ahead. Tweeting is a perfect way to get a question or idea across quickly. This tool gives responses a lot quicker than an email. It's the same design as a chat room, but anyone can tweet anything. The most important thing to remember is always # the name of the group your tweeting. If you don't, you could tweet your information to everyone. Stay tuned next week for the two research projects I will completing in this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment